Time span in which woman drinks 2 litters of water turns fatal

The news of a mother of two losing her life after consuming two liters of water shocked the world.

Ashley Summers, a 35-year-old from Indiana, was on a family vacation during the Fourth of July weekend when she started feeling unwell amidst the scorching heat. Believing she was dehydrated, she drank 2 liters of water in a span of 20 minutes. After losing consciousness, she was rushed to a hospital, where medical professionals were unable to resuscitate her.

Ashley’s older brother, Devon Miller, shared the tragic story. “Someone said she drank four bottles of water in that 20 minutes. I mean, an average water bottle is about 16 ounces, so that was 64 ounces (approximately 2 liters) that she drank in the span of 20 minutes. That’s half a gallon,” he said, according to People.

The urge to consume a large amount of water after failing to stay hydrated throughout the day proved fatal for this mother. Her cause of death was listed as water toxicity, which is extremely rare but can occur when a large quantity of water is consumed in a short period, much like in Ashley’s case.

Dr. Blake Froberg explained to WRTV that such incidents are more common in the summer and among individuals who engage in strenuous physical activity or work outdoors in extremely hot conditions. He emphasized the importance of following a proper hydration plan. “The overall issue that arises is that you have too much water and not enough sodium in your body,” he explained.

Reports indicate that the late Ashley was an organ donor, and she donated her heart, liver, lungs, and long bone tissue.

We extend our heartfelt condolences for the tragic passing of this mother. May she rest in peace.

Leave a Reply